29 agosto 2026

Supertramp - Lady

"Lady" es el sexto tema de "Crisis? What Crisis?" (1975), el cuarto álbum de Supertramp, publicado apenas un año después del exitoso "Crime of the Century". El disco se grabó deprisa, presionados por la discográfica, y varias canciones eran sobras de sesiones anteriores. "Lady" salió como primer sencillo del álbum en noviembre de 1975, pero pasó sin pena ni gloria por las listas.


La canción está cantada por Roger Hodgson y firmada, como casi todo el repertorio de la banda en esta época, por Hodgson y Rick Davies conjuntamente, aunque la autoría musical suele atribuirse a Hodgson. Curiosamente, cuando la banda editó su álbum en directo "Paris" (1980), "Lady" quedó fuera del repertorio, sustituida por la cara B de aquel single, "You Started Laughing When I Held You in My Arms".


En cuanto a la letra, es una canción de amor con tono de despedida o de duda: el narrador le habla a una mujer que "viene cruzando el agua" y parece estar a punto de marcharse o de tomar una decisión importante sobre su relación. Él le pide que no se precipite, que espere un poco, mientras le confiesa que la necesita y que está dispuesto a que lo tome "tal como es". Es una mezcla de súplica y resignación, con esa sensación típica de Hodgson de vulnerabilidad emocional envuelta en una melodía pegadiza.



Letra: 


Lady

You're comin' 'cross the water

Well, don't you think you oughta

Be waiting a while

Are you acting

On what your heart has told you?

Is nothing gonna hold you

From flying away? Ah ha

Flying away, ah ha

Flying away

'Cause there's nowhere to go

Though the road is out stretching before you

And the farther you go

I said ain't nothin' gonna get you to heaven

I said ain't nothin' gonna get you to heaven

And you know just who you are

And you know that there's somethin' between us

And you like what you feel

But I can tell that you're not gonna turn back

Well, I can tell that you're not gonna turn back

And don't you know I'm a little bit sad

Oh no

Ooh la la la la

Ooh la la la la

Ooh la la la la

Ooh la la la la

Aah, aah, aah

Mister, you better get a move on

You better get a fix on

You better walk straight

I said, Lady

Oh take me if you want me

Won't you take me as you find me

Oh, I'm needing your love so bad

I'm needing your love so bad

I'm needing your love

And there's nowhere to go

Though the road is out stretching before you

And the farther you go

I said ain't nothin' gonna get you to heaven

I said ain't nothin' gonna get you to heaven

And you know just who you are

And you know that there's somethin' between us

And you like what you feel

But I can tell that you're not gonna turn back

Well, I can tell that you're not gonna turn back

And don't you know I'm a little bit sad

Just a little bit sad

Just a little bit sad

Just a little bit sad

Just a little bit

Just a little bit

Ooh la la la la

Ooh la la la la

Ooh la la la la

Ooh la la la la

Aah, aah, aah

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way

She's turnin' about

You're takin' the long way