04 octubre 2026

Falling In Reverse - The Drug in Me Is Reimagined

Versión reimaginada de "The Drug in Me Is You", el tema que da nombre al álbum debut de Falling In Reverse, publicado en 2011 por Epitaph Records. Se lanzó el 13 de febrero de 2020 para celebrar que el disco alcanzó el disco de oro en Estados Unidos. Aquí Ronnie Radke cambia el post-hardcore por un piano y cuerdas, y la canción va creciendo hasta un final explosivo.


Ronnie dijo que no la hizo para ganar fans nuevos, sino para los de siempre. Quería desnudar la música para que se notara lo crudas que son las letras. Y funciona: sin las guitarras, la voz queda totalmente expuesta.


Una curiosidad: Falling In Reverse nació tras la salida de Ronnie de Escape the Fate y después de pasar por la cárcel, algo que marcó la etapa de este primer disco. Repitió la jugada en 2021 con "I'm Not a Vampire (Revamped)", otra revisión de un tema del mismo álbum, con un videoclip de estética gótica.


Significado de la letra: habla de una relación tóxica y de la adicción. La otra persona funciona como una droga: te hace daño, lo sabes y aun así no puedes dejarla. En esta versión suena más a confesión y menos a rabia.



Letra: 


I heard a knock upon my door the other day

I opened it to find death staring in my face

The feel of mortal stalking still reverberates

Everywhere I go, I drag this coffin just in case

My body's trembling, sends shivers down my spine

Adrenaline kicks in, shifts into overdrive

Your secrets keep you sick, your lies keep you alive

Snake eyes every single time you roll with crooked dice

I felt the darkness as it tried to pull me down

The kind of dark that haunts a hundred-year-old house

I wrestle with my thoughts, I shook the hand of doubt

Running from my past, I'm praying, "Feet, don't fail me now"

I've lost my goddamn mind, it happens all the time

I can't believe I'm actually meant to be here

Trying to consume, the drug in me is you

And I'm so high on misery, can't you see?

I've got these questions always running through my head

So many things that I would like to understand

If we are born to die and we all die to live

Then what's the point of living life if it just contradicts?

I felt the darkness as it tried to pull me down

The kind of dark that haunts a hundred-year-old house

I wrestle with my thoughts, I shook the hand of doubt

Running from my past, I'm praying, "Feet, don't fail me now"

I've lost my goddamn mind, it happens all the time

I can't believe I'm actually meant to be here

Trying to consume, the drug in me is you

And I'm so high on misery, can't you see?

I've lost myself

You tried to reach me, but you just can't help me

So long, goodbye

You tried to save me, it won't work this time 'cause now

I've lost my fucking mind, and there's no fucking time

I can't believe I'm actually meant to be here

Trying to consume, the drug in me is you

And I'm so high on misery, can't you see?

Can't you see?

Can't you see?

Can't you, can't you, can't you see?

Can't you see?